No, I haven’t fallen off the wagon. Yesterday actually started my 11th week of sobriety, if anyone’s keeping score. Just wanted to show some goodwill to my non-sober friends by sharing a recipe I discovered a couple of years ago which for a while became the greatest thing in the world to me and anyone that didn’t have to kiss me. The recipe is geared to fill that big-ass goblet in the picture (about 12 oz or so)
Kimchi Bloody Mary
– About a shot and a half of your favorite non-infused vodka
(although I’d LOVE to hear about anyone trying this with bacon vodka)
– A shot glass of Kimchi Brine (SPOILER: this is a VERY spicy Bloody Mary)
– A shot glass of lime juice
– 1/2 a shot glass of two parts Tobasco sauce and one part Worcestershire sauce.
– 1 Cup of tomato juice
– 1 Teaspoon of horseradish, and 1/2 Teaspoon each of black pepper, red pepper, crushed garlic, and celery salt.
– Garnish with two leaves of kimchi cabbage and a liberal dash of dried celery, as well as pickled okra and a celery stalk if you have it (I didn’t at the time of the photo).